MathML Blogs: Check out what it says at the footer of the post

Friday, November 14, 2008

Check out what it says at the footer of the post

It says posted by D 3 P    . That is D raised to the power 3 followed by P or D cubed P which happens to be the initial of my full name Dr. Dayal D. Purohit with the added title of doctor. Yup, I received my Ph.D. in mathematics in 1983 from State University of New York at Stony Brook, Long Island, New York. My thesis advisor was Dr. Ronald G. Douglas. Initially, I was working on Toeplitz Operators. My professor Dr. Swadheen Pattanaik received his Ph.D. under Dr. Douglas and his research work was around Toeplitz Operators. As a matter of fact, Dr. Pattanaik did the writting of much of the chapter on Toeplitz Operators in Dr. Douglas' book "Banach Algebra Techniques in Operator Theory" published by Academic Press. Dr. Pattanaik recomended me that I come to SUNY at Stony Brook and do my Ph.D. under Dr. Douglas.

No comments:

Post a Comment